Monday, August 19, 2013

Goin' on a Whale Watch


I write 99.9% of my songs, but I particularly like this new one called, "Going on a Whale Watch".

I wrote this song right after going on an Alaskan cruise to celebrate my wife, Lisa and I's, 30th Anniversary. We took a special small boat trip to look for whales. It was a beautiful, cool, and windy day. We saw six or maybe more Humpback whales. Plus, we saw a few more whales from our Holland of America cruise ship while heading back to Seattle, WA.

It was such a fantastic experience; it inspired me to write a song. The song is soon to release on my new album, "Jump, Jive & Jiggle".



You can listen to a sample here.



This song has everything children, teachers, and parents will love:

  • movement and action
  • repetition
  • rhyming
  • call and response
  • learning about a whale watch
  • sequencing
  • story re-telling
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Store